Typecast of Characters Blog Tour
N is for Nicole! Today I am sharing my day on the Typecast of Characters Blog Tour - arranged by my sweet friend Sheri Cifaldi-Morrill of Whole Circle Studio. This project is an English Paper Piecing project - or EPP. I am a big fan of this technique - hello hexies - and also a HUGE fan of typography.
For my letter I knew exactly what I wanted to make. For years I have been wanting to make something special to frame and hang in my home, something for myself and also for my husband and son. When Sheri asked me if I wanted to join in on the fun and after seeing the project, I was all in - such a fantastic idea! For my project I am making framed initials - and when I have all three finished I will have a nice set for my family to hang in my home.
My friends at Paper Pieces had the full set of letters at Quiltcon this last Feb so I am set to have a J for Jerome my husband and a G for Grey. I have a feeling that I will be making something like this for friends and family because it is just so special.
For my fabric choice I decided to make my letter a cream solid and for the background I chose a special Liberty print I have been holding onto - it features a beautiful assortment of floral hexagons. Almost looked like I pieces the entire background doesn’t it?!
You can choose to purchase the entire alphabet that includes a copy of the Typecast EPP Guide - super helpful for those new to EPP or if you need some advice on the trickier curved areas. This set can be found on Sheri’s website Whole Circle Studio.
If you would like to have a few individual letters you can find this through Paper Pieces here.
Once you start making letters - you will want to have the entire set because the possibilities are ENDLESS! A few projects I have planned are;
Happy Birthday - table runner Birthday’s (perfect to bring out for every birthday occasion)
Thankful - table runner for Thanksgiving
Framed initial - great gift for a family, new marriage, new baby
So many great handmade gift ideas that are personalized and yet faster than a quilt.
Be sure to check out all of the other letters in the series and find out about some awesome giveaways at the end of each week at Sheri’s blog Whole Circle Studio!
Full Schedule - Typecast of Characters:
• Wednesday, March 27: Tour Introduction by Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 1 — A: Kate Brennan of Aurifil
• Tuesday, April 2 — B: Mathew Bourdreaux of Mister Domestic
• Wednesday, April 3 — C: Tara Curtis of Wefty Needle
• Thursday, April 4— D: Leah Day of Free Motion Quilting Project
• Friday, April 5 — Week 1 Wrap Up featuring A-D and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 8 — E: Jess Finn of Paper Pieces
• Tuesday, April 9 — F: Sylvia Schaefer of Flying Parrot Quilts
• Wednesday, April 10 — G: Giuseppe Ribaudo of Giucy Giuce
• Thursday, April 11— H: Hilary Jordan of By Hilary Jordan
• Friday, April 12 — Week 2 Wrap Up featuring E-H and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 15 — I: Kim Soper of Leland Ave Studios
• Tuesday, April 16 — J: Yvonne Fuchs of Quilting Jetgirl
• Wednesday, April 17 — K: Karen O’Connor of Lady K Quilts
• Thursday, April 18 — L: Kristy Daum of St. Louis Folk Victorian
• Friday, April 19 — Week 3 Wrap Up featuring I-L and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 22 — M: Molli Sparkles of Molli Sparkles
• Tuesday, April 23 — N: Nicole Daksiewicz of Modern Handcraft
• Wednesday, April 24 — O: Scott Hansen of Blue Nickel Studios
• Thursday, April 25 — P: Pat Sloan of Pat Sloan
• Friday, April 26 — Week 4 Wrap Up featuring M-P and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 29 — Q: Joanna Marsh of Kustom Kwilts
• Monday, April 29 — Q: Lindsay Széchényi of Lindsay Széchényi (and Patchwork Threads)
• Tuesday, April 30 — R: Andrea Tsang Jackson of 3rd Story Workshop
• Wednesday, May 1 — S: Sarah Thomas of Sariditty
• Thursday, May 2 — T: Rachel Rossi of Rachel Rossi
• Friday, May 3— Week 4 Wrap Up featuring Q-T and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, May 6 — U: Kitty Wilkin of Night Quilter
• Tuesday, May 7 — V: Jenn McMillan of Fabric, Ink
• Wednesday, May 8 — W: Jenny Meeker of Bobbin Roulette Studio
• Thursday, May 9 — X: Stephanie Kendron of Modern Sewciety
• Friday, May 10 — Week 5 Wrap Up featuring U-X and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, May 13 — Y: Debby Brown of Debby Brown Quilts
• Tuesday, May 14 — Z: Nisha Bouri and Kim Martucci of Brimfield Awakening
• Wednesday, May 15 — Week 6 Wrap Up featuring Y-Z, Tour closeout and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
Thanks for stopping by today friends!