Hexagon Snuggle Quilt
Hi friends! I am over on the Sizzix blog today with a quilt tutorial that is extra snuggly - The Hexagon Snuggle Quilt. I love hexagons, and this large hexagon die was perfect for making a fun quilt top - very quickly.
This quilt is extra cuddly because of the soft backing I used and eliminating a middle batting layer. My fabric choice for this project is a fun fall to winter palette from Timeless Treasures - Forest Frolic. My son thinks that it would be perfect for Anna from Frozen, and I would have to agree.
Materials used in this project:
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine
- Cutting Pads
- Sizzix Bigz XL Die - Half Hexagon, 5" sides
- 14 Fat Quarters - Timeless Treasures, Forest Frolic
- 1/2 yard of fabric for binding - Cut (5) 2.5" strips of WOF (width of fabric)
- 2 yards of Minky / Cuddle fabric 60" wide
- Coordinating Thread
- Sewing machine and notions (rotary cutter & mat, scissors, basting bins, acrylic ruler)
I hope you enjoyed my project for this month, happy fall!