Christmas in July - Dear Santa Letter Tray
Hi friends! Today I am sharing a quick Christmas in July project to make for all of those Christmas cards you will receive in a few months - Dear Santa Letter Tray!
This is a very basic fabric tray jazzed up with a fun cutout and some festive holiday fabric. The size is also large enough to accommodate those LARGE Christmas letters to Santa.
- Two pieces of Christmas fabric measuring 12" x 15" (fabric is Dear Santa by Quilting Treasures)
- One piece of Heat n Bond Fusible Fleece measuring 12" x 15"
- **Optional - Silhouette CAMEO machine and Heat Transfer Material - Silhouette Smooth in White. Design used is "Dear Santa"
- Sewing Machine & Notions (coordinating thread, scissors or rotary cutter and mat, pins or wonder clips)
- Fuse the wrong side of one piece of fabric to the fusible side of your fleece.
- Lay the right sides of your two pieces of fabric together and line up, sew around the perimeter of the fabric layers leaving an opening on one side at least 4" wide.
- Turn fabric layers right side out.
- Pin/clip opening and stitch closed continuing around the entire fabric rectangle adding a top stitch.
- Stitch a line around the inside of the entire rectangle 1.5" in - like shown above. This will be where your tray will fold.
- At this time you may iron on your design that you created with your heat transfer material. Centering in the middle of the tray.
- Fold over at each corner like shown and stitch a straight line from your inside line to the outside line like shown above. Sew all four corners in this manner.
You are finished!
Please share your Christmas in July photos with us over at the Modern Handcraft Flickr page, thanks for stopping by!