Japanese X and Plus Quilt Finished!
Hooray, I am so very excited! I finished this in June and am just now getting around to taking some pictures. I was hoping to make it outside to take some photographs today but it was raining…and chilly. 60 degrees in July? Ill take it!
This is my take on the Japanese X and Plus Quilt that was making it’s way around the blogs. I didn’t have enough scrappy fabrics that I liked to make one so I used a stack of fabric that I had been saving for a pattern that I loved.
Instructions for this quilt may be found on several blogs but the one that I used was over at badskirt’s blog and I modified it to make a 12” block.
The fabrics that I chose were kind of a mixed bag:
- Kaufman Essex Yarn Dyed Linen - Black Blend // Solid fabric
- Dear Stella Marea - Mariposa in Cream // Butterfly print
- Dear Stella Marea - Buds in Black // Black floral, backing fabric
- Mama Said Sew by Sweetwater for Moda - Black on Cream the Block // Fabric with Quilt Block names
- Mama Said Sew by Sweetwater for Moda - Pinwheel in Cream Black // Pinwheel print
- Mama Said Sew by Sweetwater for Moda - Sewing Guide in Cream Black // Newsprint fabric, also binding
- Center City by Jay McCarroll - NewYork in Downtown // Plus Centers
I found all of these fabrics while shopping around on PInk Castle Fabrics website. I tend to visit fabric stores online and start filling up a cart, hoping that things match. That is how this quilt came to be, I was just very lucky that everything matched once I got it!
Luckily it has been on the cooler side in Chicago so I have a chance to cuddle up with this one on the couch.
Thanks for stopping by!